Save the Date: The 2017 PACME Celebration is Thursday, April 20 at the University Student Commons
The annual Presidential Awards for Community Multicultural Enrichment recognize contributions and efforts made toward enhancing the goals of inclusive excellence and VCU’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Specifically, the award recognizes those VCU and VCU Health System individuals and groups who have made exemplary contributions with regard to promoting civility, building community, establishing cross-cultural initiatives, advocating equity and nurturing a welcoming environment within the VCU community. The awards recognize those who go above and beyond the routine expectations of the individual or group’s position.
The following criteria is considered and should be addressed in nominations submitted:
- Has the nominee made contributions or efforts to enhance the goal of affirmative action and/or racial, ethnic or cultural diversity at VCU?
- Does the nominee perform above and beyond the routine expectations of their position?
- Does the nominee show a sustained commitment to diversity and inclusion?
- Has the nominee’s efforts/contributions made a significant impact on inclusive excellence at VCU?
- Are there testimonials, awards, and/or letters of support to show the impact of the contributions/efforts?
- Will the benefits of the contributions/efforts be long lasting?
- Administrator award: Administrators and those who hold professional faculty appointments are eligible
- Classified and hourly staff award: Classified staff and hourly employees are eligible
- Faculty award: All instructional faculty are eligible
- Student award: Individual students and student organizations are eligible
Members of the 2017 PACME Selection Committee:
- Mary A. Hermann, J.D., Ph.D., PACME Committee Chair and Department Chair, Counseling and Special Education
- Nakeina E. Douglas-Glenn, Ph.D., Director, Grace E. Harris Leadership Institute, Assistant Professor, L. Douglas Wilder School of Government & Public Affairs, and Recipient of the 2016 PACME Administrator Award
- Nicholas R. Garcia, II, M.P.A., Senior Undergraduate Advisor, L. Douglas Wilder School of Government & Public Affairs and Recipient of the 2016 PACME Staff Award
- Lily C. Hamilton, Student Assistant, Division for Inclusive Excellence and President, Queer Action Student Organization
- Tito A. Luna, M.P.A., Neighborhood Outreach Director, Division of Community Engagement
- Stacy E. Metz, Administrative Assistant, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, VCU School of Engineering
- Reuban Rodriguez, Ed.D., Associate Vice Provost and Dean of Student Affairs
- Clarence W. Thomas, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Richard T. Robertson School of Media and Culture and Recipient of the 2016 PACME Faculty Award
- Blue E. Wooldridge, M.G.A., M.P.A., D.P.A., Professor, L. Douglas Wilder School of Government & Public Affairs and Recipient of the 2016 PACME Faculty Award