Join in the 2017 PACME Celebration, Thursday, April 20 at 3:00pm, University Student Commons, Commonwealth Ballroom.
The annual Presidential Awards for Community Multicultural Enrichment recognize contributions and efforts made toward enhancing the goals of inclusive excellence and VCU’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
This year's celebration is Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 3:00pm at the University Student Commons, Commonwealth Ballroom (Monroe Park Campus). Everyone is invited!
PACME specifically recognizes those VCU and VCU Health System individuals and groups who have made exemplary contributions with regard to promoting civility, building community, establishing cross-cultural initiatives, advocating equity, and nurturing a welcoming and inclusively excellent environment throughout the VCU community. The awards recognize those who go above and beyond the routine expectations of the individual or group’s position.
Award criteria includes:
- Contributions or efforts to enhance the goal of affirmative action and/or racial, ethnic or cultural diversity at VCU
- Performing above and beyond the routine expectations of the person or organization's position
- A sustained commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Efforts/contributions that make a significant impact on inclusive excellence at VCU
- Testimonials, awards, and/or letters of support to show the impact of the contributions/efforts
- Lasting benefits of the contributions/efforts
- Administrator award: Administrators and those who hold professional faculty appointments are eligible
- Classified and hourly staff award: Classified staff and hourly employees are eligible
- Faculty award: All instructional faculty are eligible
- Student award: Individual students and student organizations are eligible
Members of the 2017 PACME Selection Committee:
- Mary A. Hermann, J.D., Ph.D., PACME Committee Chair and Department Chair, Counseling and Special Education
- Nakeina E. Douglas-Glenn, Ph.D., Director, Grace E. Harris Leadership Institute, Assistant Professor, L. Douglas Wilder School of Government & Public Affairs, and Recipient of the 2016 PACME Administrator Award
- Nicholas R. Garcia, II, M.P.A., Senior Undergraduate Advisor, L. Douglas Wilder School of Government & Public Affairs and Recipient of the 2016 PACME Staff Award
- Lily C. Hamilton, Student Assistant, Division for Inclusive Excellence and President, Queer Action Student Organization
- Tito A. Luna, M.P.A., Neighborhood Outreach Director, Division of Community Engagement
- Stacy E. Metz, Administrative Assistant, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, VCU School of Engineering
- Reuban Rodriguez, Ed.D., Associate Vice Provost and Dean of Student Affairs
- Clarence W. Thomas, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Richard T. Robertson School of Media and Culture and Recipient of the 2016 PACME Faculty Award
- Blue E. Wooldridge, M.G.A., M.P.A., D.P.A., Professor, L. Douglas Wilder School of Government & Public Affairs and Recipient of the 2016 PACME Faculty Award